Welcome to Jigokudani Onsen Korakukan.
- Location: in Kanbayashi Onsen, the closest Ryokan from the famous snow monkey park
- Category of style: Traditional Ryokan
- Description: Located in the valley of the Yokoyu-River, in the northern part of the prefecture. The name Jigokudani, meaning “Hell’s Valley”, is due to the steam and boiling water that bubbles out of small crevices in the frozen ground, surrounded by steep cliffs and formidably cold and hostile forests.
The heavy snowfalls (snow covers the ground for 4 months a year), an elevation of 850 metres, and being only accessible via a narrow two kilometer footpath through the forest, keep it uncrowded despite being relatively well-known.
It is famous for its large population of wild Snow Monkeys, that go to the valley during the winter, foraging elsewhere in the national park during the warmer months. Starting in 1963, the monkeys descend from the steep cliffs and forest to sit in the warm waters of the onsen (hot springs), and return to the security of the forests in the evenings.
Jigokudani Onsen Korakukan is well-known as a birthplace of shin-fuseki (new strategic placing of pieces) in the Japanese game go.
And also there is a stone monument. You can see autographed game board of Kitani Minoru who was a Go player with excellent skills.
Cancellation / Prepayment
- Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to ryokan and our policies.
- Pets are not allowed
Accepted credit cards
- VISA, MasterCard
- Air Condition
- WiFi is available
- No Parking
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this accommodation.
Kanbayashi Onsen (Nagano Prefecture)Welcome to Kanbayashi Onsen Kanbayashi Onsen is located beyond the Yudanaka Onsen and Shibu Onsen in Nagano prefecture. Surrounded by picturesque peaceful scenery. The artistic atmosphere has attracted writers and artists since olden times. This town is also very close to famous Jigokudani Yaen Koen Japanese monkeys that soak in the hot springs. You can enjoy
Sports & nature
- Snow monkey park
- Skiing in the Shiga Highlands
- Enjoy hot spring bath