Welcome to Kyoto Village Homestay.
- Location: the old town of Kameoka (Rural Kyoto)
- Category of style: Village Homestay
- Description: When you enter the beautiful gorge of Hozukyo, the gateway to Kameoka, it is hard to imagine that the bustle of Kyoto train station was only twenty minutes ago, and that minutes ahead lies the lush green valley of Kameoka. Archeological tomb sites confirm that Kameoka was already thriving in medieval times as an important resource for the capital city of Japan at that time, ancient Kyoto. The fertile Kameoka valley provided Kyoto with the highest quality rice, fruit, vegetables and hand craft items which were transported down the Hozu River directly into Kyoto.
The legacy of Kameoka’s rich heritage still remains. Kameoka continues to produce high-quality handicrafts and products. In addition, Kameoka’s ancient temples and shrines are still used daily by the local residents, as they have been for hundreds of years. Kameoka is still “undiscovered” by tourists, and gives the visitor a rare opportunity to experience the beauty and serenity of rural Japan.
Fukiko was born in Gion, the heart of old Kyoto, and raised in both Kyoto and Kameoka. Her extensive world travel began at age 20; She has both lived and worked all over the world, and she has been a Professional Licensed Travel Adviser for many years. She speaks English and German, and is trying hard to add Spanish now.
How will your stay at her home be different from other places? First of all, she offer home-cooked meals using freshly picked organic vegetables and fruits. (All grown in her own garden!) Also, because of her professional background and experience, she can design an itinerary specially suited to your interests. You’ll be able to explore Kameoka, Kyoto, and other fascinating areas that may interest you, on your own or with her personal assistance. Finally, a traditional village experience in Kameoka provides a pleasing balance to the excitement of bustling Kyoto.
Cancellation / Prepayment
- Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to ryokan and us.
Children and extra beds
- Children (under 12 years old) not allowed
- Pets are not allowed
Accepted credit cards
- This property only accepts cash payments
- Air Condition
- WiFi is available.
- Free Parking.
Accommodation review scores and score breakdown
Based on 3 reviews
Guest reviews are written by our customers after their stay at Kyoto Village Stay.
- Value for money
- Sleep quality
Absolutely perfect, could not have asked for a better stay. Fukiko was an absolutely wonderful host, she made me feel completely comfortable and helped me experience beautiful Kyoto. I would recommend staying with her completely.
Nothing! Everything was fantastic
Andrea Marani 2015-01-19 17:09:08 Alcuni anni fa ho trascorso un meraviglioso fine settimana in questa magnifica abitazione immersa nelle campagne di Kyoto! Ospitale, confortevole, lontano dal traffico della metropoli e immersa nel silenzio della campagna, dove gli abitanti vivono seguendo antiche tradizioni. Fukiko ci ha trattati non come turisti, ma come componenti della famiglia e tra grigliate e passeggiate in bicicletta, abbiamo vissuto per alcuni giorni in perfetto stile giapponese! Un'esperienza unica, sicuramente da consigliare!!
Denise 2016-04-18 04:17:45 I stayed at this lovely home with the wonderful host for 3 days. It was so enjoyable. She prepared tasty Japanese meals and took me and another guest around town. We had a great time. Ms. Fukiko is very knowledgeable and has so much information on everything you would need in Japan. I highly recommend a stay with her.
Kyoto (Kyoto Prefecture)Welcome to Kyoto Serving as Japan’s capital for more than 1,000 years, Kyoto is the historic center of the country, filled with temples, shrines, imperial villas and other memorials to the nation’s past. Although the modern age has taken its toll, exudes a graceful charm reminiscent of the glory and splendor of Japan’s ancient
- Maiko dinner