KOBUDO Experience (NAGINATA, KENDO, IAIDO)
A wonderful Kobudo experience in Rural Osaka!
Location: SHUBUKAN, Itami-city, Hyogo Prefecture
(20 minutes by Hankyu train from Umeda station in Osaka)
Date and Time: 13:30 pm – 15:00 pm every Tuesday
Black out: To be confirmed
Term & Condition: 100% 3 days or less than 72 hours prior to tour
100% No show
• Enjoy the atmosphere of authentic DOJO for Budo training.
• You can watch Naginata real practice, observe their routine and learn about Naginata.
• After their training, you can talk to Yasuko Kimura who is vice-president of International Naginata federation.
About Kobudo and Tendoryu Naginata
The combat application and usefulness of Kobudo disappeared after the Meiji Restoration (1868) when Japan modernised, but are now recognised as traditional cultural heritage.
Through studying classical traditions, you learn to value the self and others, and get back to the roots of humanity with character development as one of its main goals. Self-development through the course of daily life and fostering an air of dignity and respect is an important lesson that the study of traditional Naginata imparts.
Shubukan Budo Compendium (Konishi Gyousei, April 1943 Shubukan President)
- The budo studied in the Shubukan is a beautiful example of mind-body culture unique to Japan.
Exchanging techniques in a bout for no other reason than personal glory must never cloud one’s understanding of one’s true technical ability.
- Budo is something that cannot be feigned. When you pick up your weapons in the dojo, this is not the start. Budo must be imbued in your very being and evident in every aspect of your daily life. Somebody who does not respect his elders, is not filial to his parents, or is not respected by his peers cannot be said to be a budo practitioner. A worthy budo practitioner is one who is always sincere and shows a richness of humanity.
- A person who aspires to master budo must never be greedy or be preoccupied with acquiring things. One who is avaricious will be distracted, and one who is distracted can never prevail in budo.
YASUKO KIMURA – TENDORYU NAGINATA 17th SOKE
Shingetsukai President, Kobudo Association Member
Standing Director of the Kobudo Promotion Society
International Naginata Federation Vice-President