- Shiroishi Zao Fox Village- see and be close to the wild foxes.
- Nikka Whisky Distillery
- Matsushima – one of Japan’s three most scenic views and lunch at the fish market.
- Kamasaki Hot Springs
Day 1: Tokyo – Shiroishi Zao
Visit the Shiroishi Zao Fox Village: Only 2 hours from Tokyo is Zao Fox village, where you can enjoy getting up close to the wild foxes.
Stay overnight at a Ryokan (traditional Japanese inn) at Kamasaki Onsen (Hot springs). Enjoy a traditional Japanese banquet (Kaiseki). You also have time to relax in the hot springs.
Stay in: a Japanese Inn (Ryokan) in Kamasaki Onsen (hot Springs)
Day 2: Shiroishi Zao – Sendai
Visit Nikka Whiskey Distillery: you can learn their history and enjoy tasting their famous whiskey.
Visit Sendai city: Enjoy your free activity time there! Sendai is a beautiful city founded around 1600. Hirose River flows through the center of the city and the beautiful streets of lush Zelkova trees are well known.
Stay in: a Western – style hotel in Sendai
Day 3: Sendai – Shiogama – Mastushima
Lunch stop at the Shiogama Fish Market: You can make your own lunch (Kaisendon — seafood over rice bowl) by selecting your own favorite fish from the stall.
Visit Matsushima, which is well known as having one of Japan’s three most scenic views. The other two are the Itsukushima Shrine (Hiroshima) and the Amanohashidate Sandbar (Kyoto).
Take a ferry and enjoy the amazing views of the bay and many small surrounding islands.
Make a Buddhist rosary at the Entsuin Temple.
Stay in: a Japanese Inn (Ryokan) in Matsushima
Meals: breakfast and dinner
Day 4 Mastushima – Tokyo
Back to Tokyo
- Orientation on the first day at your hotel
- 2 Nights at a Japanese – style Inn (Ryokan)
- 1 Night at a Western – style hotel
- JR East Pass (ordinary class)
- Meals: 3 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- Fox Village admission fee
- Nikka Whisky Distillery admission fee
- Ferry Fee from Shiogama to Matsushima
- Making a Buddhist rosary fee at Entsuin Temple
- Accommodation in Tokyo
- International Airfare
- Food and drinks unless specified
- Travel insurance
- Taxi fee from Shiraishi Zao to Fox Village, from Fox Village to
- Kamasaki Onsen, and from Kamasaki Onsen to Shiraishi Zao.
- Guide fee
Any meal requests should be made in advance.
Extending the trip is possible
The tour schedule and price are subject to change without notice.
Single traveler, or any numbers of travelers are welcome.
We are happy to organize a customized trip for you.
Let us know if you already have a JR Rail Pass.
Day 1 Tokyo - Shiraishi Zao
Experience: Fox village
Stay in: Kamasaki Onsen
Day 2 Shiraishi Zao - Sendai
Visit: Nikka Whisky Distillery
Experience: Enjoy sightseeing Nikka Whisky and tasting and Sendai city
Stay in: Sendai
Day 3 Sendai - Shiogama - Mastushima
Visit: Shiogama fish market
Experience: sightseeing in Shiogama, Enjoy many small island from ferry, sightseeing in Matsushima, Make Buddhist rosary at Entsuin.
Stay in: Matsushima
Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 4 Mastushima - Tokyo
- Fox Village
- Visit Whisky Distillery
- Visit one of the Japan's three most scenic views