Welcome to Muryoko-in Temple.
- Location: the old Buddhist village of Mt Koya
- Category of style: Buddhist Temple
- Description: Muryoko-in was founded by the fourth son of Shirakawa Emperor (1092-1153) during the Heian-Period.
This temple has 30 Japanese style guest rooms all without private baths or toilets, and during winter season the rooms are equipped with gas stoves.
Bathrooms are shared and there is a nice hot traditional Japanese bath (one for women and one for men).
This Buddhist temple serve Shojinryori which is a traditional Japanese vegetarian food. Dinner will be served around 18:00 (Please check-in before 17:00) and breakfast at 8:00am after the morning ceremony.
Cancellation / Prepayment
- Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to this temple and us.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Free WiFi internet connection.
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this accommodation.
Mt Koya (Wakayama Prefecture)Welcome to Mt Koya Mount Koya (Koyasan) is home to an active monastic center founded twelve centuries ago by the priest Kukai for the study and practice of Esoteric Buddhism. It is the headquarters of the Koyasan sect of Shingon Buddhism, a faith with a wide following throughout Japan. Situated on a small plain
Sports & nature
- Walking Okuno-in
- Enjoy temple stay