Welcome to Shojoshin-in Temple.
- Location: in the old Buddhist village of Mt. Koya
- Category of style: Buddhist Temple
- Description: This temple is one of the oldest Buddhist temple. It is also very well located at the beginning of the cemetery to Okunoin, it is convenient for your night stroll to the mausoleum.
They only have Japanese rooms style available, Shojoshin-in provides shared baths for both women and men, meals are shojin-ryori which means only vegetarian meals without fish or meat of any kind.
Shojoshin-in also do have morning Morning prayer, the prayer service is about 40 minute long. Please check-in before 17:00 pm as the meals are served early, if you have problem check-in early please let us know in advance.
Cancellation / Prepayment
- Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to this temple and us.
- Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
- VISA, MASTERCARD.
- Safety Deposit Box
- Free WiFi internet connection.
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this accommodation.
Mt Koya (Wakayama Prefecture)Welcome to Mt Koya Mount Koya (Koyasan) is home to an active monastic center founded twelve centuries ago by the priest Kukai for the study and practice of Esoteric Buddhism. It is the headquarters of the Koyasan sect of Shingon Buddhism, a faith with a wide following throughout Japan. Situated on a small plain
Sports & nature
- Walking Okuno-in
- Enjoy temple stay