Welcome to Yomoshiro.
- Location: the old village of Ainokura/Gokayama
- Category of style: Traditional Gassho-Zukuri
- Description: Gokayama is a world heritage village and it is becoming very popular destination now days.
All Rooms are Japanese Style and without private bath or toilet.
The Meals are traditional style and are homemade by using local products.
From Ainokura-guchi Bus Stop it is 8 minutes walk to Yomoshiro. Please take a look the English Map of Gokayama.
Cancellation / Prepayment
- Cancellation and Prepayment policies vary according to Ryokan and us.
- Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
- This property only accepts cash payment.
- WiFi is available.
- Free Parking.
Accommodation review scores and score breakdown
Based on 2 reviews
Guest reviews are written by our customers after their stay at Yomoshiro.
- Value for money
- Sleep quality
Friendly Yomoshiro in Gokayama
2 Persons from Singapore, May 2018Owner was helpful and friendly
Traditional Gashozukuri style house in Gokayama
2 persons from Australia, March 2018Friendly,hospitable family who were very welcoming. We learnt a lot about the traditional way of life in a gassho zukuri including customs, clothing, dress, music and delicious & fascinating food.
Gokayama (Toyama Prefecture)Welcome to Gokayama. Gokayama regions line the Shogawa River Valley in the remote mountains that span from Gifu to Toyama Prefectures. Declared a UNESCO world heritage site in 1995, famous for their traditional gassho-zukuri farmhouses. Gassho-zukuri means “constructed like hands in prayer”, as the farmhouses steep thatched roofs resemble the hands of Buddhist monks pressed
Sports & nature
- Enjoy walking around village
- Enjoy stay in a Traditional Gassho-zukuri farmhouse
Culture and history info
- Declared a UNESCO world heritage site in 1995